Sparky (voiced by Canadian actor Rick Miller) is Galactic Guardians' captain Atomic Betty's alien lieutenant and is also the pilot of the Starcruiser with pointed elf like ears, a large, round olive green nose, light green colored skin, and light blue colored hair, and his species is known as Neutropians. Although he is sometimes a bit reckless, and often more interested in other things, such as eating (mostly), surfing, or girls than the current Galactic Guardian mission he is on, he is nevertheless very loyal to both Betty and X-5, and endeavors to do his very best at all times. Also, despite the immaturity that he expresses in various things such as quarreling with the robot navigator and his fellow crew member, X-5, he is shown throughout the early episodes of the TV series to be very skilled at both piloting the Starcruiser and being a combatant.
After Galactic Guardian Headquarters was moved to the planet of Earth and was rebuilt underneath the school of Betty's home-town of Moose Jaw Heights in the Mission: Earth season, following the events of the premiere third season episode "No Space Like Home", Sparky has had an increased presence in Betty's personal life; he is attending Moose Jaw Heights Junior High School in disguise as a new classmate and friend of Betty who, according to Betty, was purported to hail from Saskatoon (using the same disguise that he first used in the episode Bracelet Yourself). However, with more situations in Season Three taking place on Earth due to the relocation of headquarters, he has rarely been seen piloting the Starcruiser, and is often distracted at times when Betty or X-5 need his assistance.
Sparky is shown to be fun loving and loyal. He also gets distracted often and does things that are ridiculous, such as in "The Future Is Now" he goes back in time just to see himself as a baby. When the team was at the wrestling match, and they vanquished the Blugo Maximus released, Sparky was showing off for the crowd. He is seen quarrelling with X-5 on various occasions, and seems to enjoy teasing him about being a boring robot. Sparky's mother has dated many bad boys (Maximus and later on, his father, Max Senior). Sparky is protective of his mother because of this fact. His favourite snack seems to be pig snouts, whether pickled, roasted or grilled.
- Sparky's species, which are known as Neutropians, have four stomachs, like cows, which is what causes him to be constantly hungry. Sparky's is also referred to as a Martian. The episode "The No-L 9" suggests that he and Zulia do live on Mars, as they can easily see Earth in the sky from their home. (However, this would be unlikely as Earth would not look as large as shown if viewed from Mars). In the show's revival onward, it is revealed that Sparky will live with both of his parents, "Zulia" (mother) and "Sparky Sr." (father)
- In the pilot episode, Sparky was an alien pull-string Sparky doll that came to life when Betty goes on her missions.
- In "The Big Dig", Betty stated that Sparky doesn't know how to keep a secret and he is known as "an intergalactic blabbermouth". However, in the Season One episode "Space Brains", he does keep a secret when Maximus tries to trick him into telling where Betty's home planet is, but he refuses to tell him, due to it being against regulations. Either this is a continuity error or Sparky had learned to spill out more secrets (just not of Betty being from Earth to Maximus) from that point onward.
- Sparky is revealed in an episode to be an expert in figure skating.
- Sparky has an extreme allergy to Earth cats (as first seen with Purrsy in "Furball For The Sneeze", and various times in the show) not to Maximus I.Q. and Minimus P.U..
- In "The Collector", it is revealed that Sparky has 5 toes on one foot and 6 on the other, giving him a total of 11 toes, allowing Sparky to "Hang 11" However, the later season 3 episode "Beach Blanket Betty" contradicts this as Sparky revealed "I'd 'Hang 10', but I've only got 8 toes" (four on each foot). This was probably a continuity error. Assuming that both episodes are correct, this may mean that Sparky's physiology (and possibly that of all Neutropians can spontaniously change).
- In "The X-Rays" it is was revealed that Sparky has one sister. She was never seen on screen, but mentioned in a voice mail Zulia left for Sparky telling him to take his sister to a ballet recital.
- Sparky makes an appearance in PowerPuff Girls Doujinshi with his friends invsestgating, Sparky give up his life for Betty as she was about to be crunched by a Toybot.
- Zulia - mother
- Sparky Sr. - father
- Maximus I.Q. - rival
- Minimus P.U. - rival
- Noah Parker - human friend
- Betty Barrett - human friend, also adoptive sister
- Tanya Barrett - adoptive human mother
- Quincy Barrett - adoptive human father
- X-5 - robotic boyfriend
- Amy - mean babysitter
- Max - mean babysitter
- Cassie - friend, also Amy's little sister
- Art Phillips - friend, also Dr. Todd Phillips' son
- Dr. Todd Phillips - science teacher
- Admiral DeGill - commanding officer